Immigration Programs

Canada allows highly qualified professionals and trained laborer from all over the world to come and settle in this vast country. However, you are required to have enough money (settlement funds) to support yourself and your families for your first six months in Canada. Selection in economic class programs will be based on your ability to settle in Canada and take part in building the country’s economy. A number of factors like education, language proficiency, work experience in recent years and age are considered in this evaluation. Having a job offer from a Canadian employer can significantly increase your chances.

If you are a qualified professional or trained laborer and have enough money (for example, $12,669 CAD if you are single or $23,542 CAD if you are a family of four) then you can apply for one of these economic programs.


If you marry a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, then he/she can sponsor you to live in Canada. This is also possible if you have been living together with your Canadian boyfriend or girlfriend for more than one year (not married). He/she can also sponsor your children from a previous marriage (or relationship) to come to Canada.

Canadian citizens or permanent residents can sponsor other family members too. This includes adopted children, parents, and grandparents. In some cases, they can even sponsor their brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews or, uncle and aunts.

Laws governing family class immigration to Canada are extensive and, have many exceptions and restrictions. Ask Vimrox for details about your situation.


You can apply for asylum if you are in Canada and have a risk of persecution, torture, punishment or cruel treatment in your country. Refugee protection can also be claimed at a Canadian Port of Entry (airport).
In some rare cases it is possible to apply for refugee protection even when a person is outside Canada. Canadian government can consider applications from people who fear persecution on grounds set out by the UN, or people seriously and personally affected by civil war, armed conflict or violations of human rights.

Asylum applications require careful preparation. Ask Vimrox even if you have not yet arrived in Canada yet.


Humanitarian and Compassionate (H&C) applications can be used by some applicants who do not otherwise meet the requirements for permanent residence, as set by Canadian laws and regulations. H&C applications can be made from both within or outside Canada. An applicant who is outside Canada can apply to have H&C factors considered by first applying for immigration (under the regular economic class, family class or refugee stream). He or she can then include a request, on H&C grounds for an exemption from any criteria that he or she does not meet. Unfortunately, immigration authorities are not obliged to consider all applications made from outside Canada. If immigration authorities determine that the application is justified by humanitarian and compassionate considerations, they might grant a relief. In practice, H&C relief is granted on a discretionary basis and is reserved for exceptional cases. H&C applications are more vehement if the best interests of a child are directly affected.

Ask Vimrox for details about your specific situation.

Vimrox Immigration

27  Larkfield  Crescent, East Gwillimbury,
Ontario,  Canada  L9N 0P7
+ 1  647  801  3652